23 December 2007

'Twas one night in December

'Twas one night in December, and all through the land
Not a campaign was stirring, except for one man's.
Bank cards were waiting beside darkened screens,
Prepared for a Party beyond pundits' dreams!

Americans nestled all snug in their beds,
While primary victories danced in their heads.
And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just turned off our screens for a long winter's nap.

When up on You Tube there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the keyboard I flew in a dash,
To boot up the Windows and fire up the Flash.

Electrons were humming, the hard drives were spinning,
The lights on my laptop were finally beginning,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a Peace Blimp empowered by a great engineer!

That Honorable Doctor, inspiring and tall,
I knew in a moment it must be Ron Paul.
More rapid than reindeer, Americans came,
And he spoke to their hearts like he knew them by name!

"You hardworking people, by taxes oppressed!
Come join in our movement! Be free! Find sweet rest!
To the primary polls! Hear the clarion call!
I say Liberty! Justice! and Freedom for All!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky.
So on to the primaries, his followers flew!
Shouting "God Grant Us Freedom!" and "Bless St. Ron, too"!

"Let's bring our boys home! We've got plenty to do!
We've done far too much meddling, we all know it's true!
Non-intervention's our forefathers' plan,"
Dr. Paul said, dismaying the neocon band.

He was dressed in a mantle of Honor and Worth,
The one politician worth following on earth.
In spite of dismissal by TV and papers,
He cut through the fog of Big Media capers.

His eyes - how they twinkle! his logic so brawny!
He owned John McCain and destroyed Guliani!
Stephanopoulous and Medved have nothing to say!
Ron Paul wins again on this cold winter's day!


If you know who wrote this as it is written here, please let me know so I can give them credit. I pulled it off of my Mettup group mailing list. Right now I think the writer is Stefani from Meetup group 1034, but I cannot be certain.

UPDATE: This was written by "Donnok". I received it from Stefani i nthe meetup group.

No comments:

Ron Paul Videos from YouTube